Understanding Financial Statements
Speakers: Siobhan Hennessy and Jamsheed Khambatta, Deloitte
CPD: 1.5 PS/PM
- Audiocast and paper (40 pages): this will automatically download to your member account / login area
- Video (USB stick) and paper (40 pages): pick up or delivery via mail to your office within 5 working days
- Paper (40 pages): this will automatically download to your member account / login area
- PowerPoint paper: this will automatically download to your member account / login area
• Objectives and types of financial reports
• Explaining financial statement elements
• Potential areas of financial manipulation
For lawyers practising in:
• Commercial litigation
• Family Law
• M&A disputes
• Restructuring and insolvency
• Intellectual Property
• General commercial practice
• Practitioners interested in this topic
Siobhan Hennessy (Partner, Deloitte)
Siobhan is a partner in the Forensic & Dispute Services group. Siobhan has worked in both Australia and the United Kingdom and specialises in the assessment of damages, investigations into accounting irregularities, and litigation consulting. Siobhan has also conducted training and given presentations regarding the role of forensic accounting and the dispute resolution process.
Prior to specialising in Forensic Accounting, Siobhan was an external auditor to the Financial Services Industry in both Australia and the UK.
Jamsheed Khambatta (Account Director, Deloitte)
Jamsheed joined Deloitte within the Audit and Assurance division in 2003. He spent 5 years within this division and became a qualified Chartered Accountant during this time. At the beginning of 2007, Jamsheed transferred into the Forensic practice and now specialises in dispute resolution, contract reviews and investigations and accounting and fraud investigation engagements.