Up Close and Personal - Cybersecurity and the Modern Law Firm
Speakers: Simone Herbert-Lowe
- Video - delivered on USB stick (1 hour)
- Audio version - delivered on USB (not available as download)
- Paper (8 pages)
- Powerpoint slides
Data Protection, Privacy, Cybersecurity and the Modern Law Firm
This session will delve into the cybersecurity event that brought DLA Piper to its knees world-wide as well as the everyday scenarios that might see any firm, including yours, exposed.
The types of topics that will be explored include:
- The dark web demystified.
- How vulnerable even the most sophisticated of firms can be to cyber-attacks.
- Encrypting your important communications.
- The workplace has no boundaries - why you never want to hook up to free wifi hotspots and other risk tips.
- Important risk reduction measures for small and large firms; and the new insurance options you need to consider.
- Cyberscecurity resilience unpacked - do you have a basic 'response action plan'?
- The new data breach regime, privacy and confidentiality.
Speaker: Simone Herbert-Lowe, Director, Law & Cyber
About the speaker:
Simone Herbert-Lowe has over 20 years expertise in lawyers’ professional responsibility. She has recently established Law & Cyber to provide cyber resilience advice on the “people” aspects of cyber risk, including professional and legal obligations.
Simone was previously Manager, Strategy & Innovation and Senior Claims Solicitor at PII insurer Lawcover in NSW, where she led the company’s innovative response to cyber risk, including the launch of its group cyber policy. She was a member of Lawcover’s cyber risk committee and managed the company’s cyber claims portfolio. Simone has managed more than 2000 claims against lawyers and is a regular contributor to the Law Society of NSW Journal.
Delivered at the Property & Commercial Law Conference
22 March 2019
CPD Guide: 1 PM