Legal Support Staff Skills Building 2019 Seminar Series
Law Society of Tasmania
Law Society of Tasmania
Staffordshire House (videolink)
Rae & Partners Devonport (videolink)
McLean McKenzie & Topfer (videolink)
30 January | 6 February | 13 February
Book yourself in...and get ahead of the curve in 2019!
The Law Society presents again in 2019 a series of 3 seminars offering PD support and skill-building for legal support team members. These seminars were very well attended in 2018 so the series is back by popular demand (and has taken into consideration valuable feedback from last year's attendees)!
The seminars are being conducted over three Wednesdays at lunchtime 12.30-2pm
A light lunch will be provided.
This is a series of 3 seminars - mix 'n' match or book all three for a discount
Register for Seminar 1 here
Register for Seminar 2 here
Register for Seminar 3 here
Register BELOW a discount on all three seminars.
Only a Law Society member has access to register online. If you are not a member and want to register, please call 62344 133.
30 January - SEMINAR 1 - Estate Administration: A Brief Insight - Bridget Rheinberger, Partner, Tremayne Fay Rheinberger with Angela Ebini, Paralegal, Tremayne Fay Rheinberger
Get tips on ensuring efficient and accurate assistance to your firms clients to provide the best results for executors and beneficiaries whilst maintaining an understanding of and consideration to the emotional component of estate administration.
- Gain an understand the basics of management of ongoing charitable trusts; trusts and estates with complex capital gain taxation issues; estate assets held both interstate and internationally; and administration of estates and trusts with missing executors and beneficiaries.
6 February - SEMINAR 2 - A Deeper Dive into Workplace Communications - Dr Angela Martin, Workplace Psychologist
- Handling demanding expectations of some clients (walk-ins and emails)
- Dealing with high conflict or angry clients
- Managing interoffice communication
- ...and, more
13 February - SEMINAR 3 - Legal Research 101: Understanding the Basics - Deborah Bowring, Manager Integrated Law Library Service, Andrew Inglis Clark Law Library (Supreme Court of Tasmania)
- Deborah Bowring will provide information on the basic hints and tips to make legal research a bit easier and more straightforward so as to enable assistance to your firm's practitioners.
- By way of additional information (so you're in the know!), Deborah will also provide a very brief overview of forthcoming legal research events and e-book lending platforms.
The Law Society thanks its annual CPD Program sponsors: